A treasure trove of coping, regulating, grounding, and soothing activities and techniques for working with children (aged 6+), teens and adults.
This pack of 70 cards and explanatory guide offers a playful, nonthreatening way to explore feelings and to form effective coping, regulating, soothing and grounding strategies through a range of games and activities. Designed to work with both the brain and body, these cards address a wide range of common issues including anxiety, stress, low mood, sleep difficulties and emotional dysregulation. To do so, they employ a range of proven strategies including cognitive techniques, nurturing activities, sensory strategies, body-based activity and creative exercises. Developed by specialist clinical psychologist, trainer and author Dr. Karen Treisman, this deck is a little treasure for professionals, parents, and carers supporting children and adolescents aged 6+.
Dr Karen Treisman is a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist who has worked in the NHS and children’s services for ten years. She has also worked cross-culturally in Africa and Asia, with groups ranging from former child soldiers to survivors of the Rwandan Genocide. Karen has extensive experience in the areas of trauma, parenting, and attachment, and works clinically using a range of therapeutic approaches with families, children and young people. She is the director of Safe Hands and Thinking Minds Psychological Services (www.safehandsthinkingminds.co.uk), and is an external consultant and trainer to Barnardos, PAC-UK, Hope for families, and the Fostering Network. Karen has worked in several Looked after Children teams and within the National Implementation Service for evidence-based interventions at the Maudsley Hospital. She currently works as Clinical Lead in a court assessment and intensive parenting intervention team in Islington.
Also available from this author
- A Therapeutic Treasure Box for Working with Children and Adolescents with Developmental Trauma: Creative Techniques and Activities
- A Therapeutic Treasure Deck of Feelings and Sentence Completion Cards
- A Therapeutic Treasure Deck of Grounding, Soothing, Coping and Regulating Cards
- Parenting Patchwork Treasure Deck: A Creative Tool for Assessments, Interventions, and Strengthening Relationships with Parents, Carers, and Children
- Binnie the Baboon Anxiety and Stress Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story with Creative and CBT Activities To Help Children Aged 5-10 Who Worry
- Cleo the Crocodile Activity Book for Children Who Are Afraid to Get Close: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities About Trust, Anger, and Relationships for Children Aged 5-10
- Gilly the Giraffe Self-Esteem Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities for Children Aged 5-10
- Presley the Pug Relaxation Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities to Help Children Aged 5-10 to Regulate Their Emotions and to Find Calm
- Working with Relational and Developmental Trauma in Children and Adolescents