Explore complex emotions and enhance self-awareness with these 100 ready-to-use creative activities.
The intricate, attractive designs are illustrated in the popular zentangle style and are suitable for adults and young people, in individual or group work. The worksheets use cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and art as therapy to address outcomes including improved self-esteem, emotional wellbeing, anger management, coping with change and loss, problem solving and future planning. The colouring pages are designed for relaxing stress management and feature a complete illustrated alphabet and series of striking mandala designs.
- Part I. Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Concepts.
- Art Therapy Concepts.
- 1. Sense of Self, Self-Esteem Building.
- 2. Managing Emotions, Coping with Loss and Change.
- 3. Problem Solving, Reflection, Goal Setting.
- Part II. Stress Management.
- 4. The Alphabet.
- 5. Mandalas.
Jennifer Guest has worked in clinical therapeutic practice as a counsellor for 14 years, working with adults, couples and young people in a variety of counselling centres and schools in the North of England. Jennifer is an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and has an honours degree in Art and Design. Currently she works for Relate, a charity that provides counselling services, and has her own private practice based in Yorkshire.
” I am neither a CBT therapist nor an artist – and yet it feels like this book was produced with me in mind. A synthesis of informative text and inspirational designs that leave me excited about new possibilities in my work with a whole range of people I’m working with – young people, adults and families. This book will appeal, and be extremely useful to counsellors and therapists from a broad spectrum of theoretical orientations, and is by no means limited to those who describe themselves as ‘CBT therapists’ or as being ‘artistic.’ Bravo Jennifer, this is a wonderful resource for enhancing and deepening the therapeutic encounter.” – Paul Stockwell, UKCP Registered Family and Systemic Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor.
Also available from this author
- CBT Art Activity Book: 100 illustrated handouts for creative therapeutic work
- Art Activity Book for Psychotherapeutic Work: 100 Illustrated CBT and Psychodynamic Handouts for Creative Therapeutic Work
- Art Activity Book for Relational Work: 100 illustrated therapeutic worksheets to use with individuals, couples and families
- The CBT Art Workbook for Managing Anger
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Anxiety
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Depression
- CBT Art Workbook for Managing Stress