Help clients to raise self-esteem, cope with change and adversity and manage complex emotions with these brand new 100 ready-to-use illustrated worksheets and activities.
Drawing on psychotherapeutic approaches including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), these worksheets are ideal for use in therapeutic work, for starting conversations and addressing problems that clients face. Each worksheet is designed to encourage clients to express their thoughts and emotions creatively in a relaxed way. The book also includes activities that centre on visual diary keeping, to help clients gain perspective on their unique issues and learn to solve their problems in a positive, healthy way.
Suitable for adults and young people, in individual or group work, this is an excellent resource for those who work in therapy, counselling and social work.
- Theoretical Concepts.
- 1. Understanding Self.
- 2. Self-Esteem and Managing Emotions.
- 3. Reflecting.
- 4. Journaling.
- 5. Metaphor.
Jennifer Guest has worked in clinical therapeutic practice as a counsellor for 14 years, working with adults, couples and young people in a variety of counselling centres and schools in the North of England. Jennifer is an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and has an honours degree in Art and Design. Currently she works for Relate, a charity that provides counselling services, and has her own private practice based in Yorkshire.
”Without being overly prescriptive, this book provides a wide range of starting points for conversation and artistic exploration across a range of therapeutic themes. The worksheets are aesthetically appealing and provide space and inspiration for responses in whatever form or media feels most comfortable. Designed to be dipped in and out of, it will support the formation of a strong therapeutic alliance and help to gently push open doors that talking alone could not tackle.” – Dr Pooky Knightsmith, Vice Chair, Children and Young People’s Mental Health Coalition.
Also available from this author
- CBT Art Activity Book: 100 illustrated handouts for creative therapeutic work
- Art Activity Book for Psychotherapeutic Work: 100 Illustrated CBT and Psychodynamic Handouts for Creative Therapeutic Work
- Art Activity Book for Relational Work: 100 illustrated therapeutic worksheets to use with individuals, couples and families
- The CBT Art Workbook for Managing Anger
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Anxiety
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Depression
- CBT Art Workbook for Managing Stress