Binnie is a creative and energetic baboon, who bounces around the lush green mountains of Rwanda in East Africa. But like many of us, Binnie often feels worried and stressed, and these worries can get in her way! What if she gets lost in the jungle, or her family gets sick? What if no one likes her? Sometimes she even worries about the fact she’s worried; and if she isn’t worried, well why not?! This activity book has been developed by expert child psychologist Dr Karen Treisman. The first part of the book is a colourful illustrated therapeutic story about Binnie the Baboon, with a focus on worry and anxiety. This is followed by a wealth of creative activities and photocopiable worksheets for children to explore issues relating to anxiety, worry, fears, and stress, and how to find ways to understand and overcome them. The final section of the book is full of advice and practical strategies for parents, carers, and professionals on how to help children aged 5-10 to start to understand why they experience feelings of anxiety, and what they can do to help reduce and navigate it.
Dr. Karen Treisman is a specialist clinical psychologist, trainer and author, working in London, UK. Karen is also the Director of Safe Hands and Thinking Minds Training and Consultancy services.
Also available from this author
- Therapeutic Treasure Box for Working with Children and Adolescents with Developmental Trauma: Creative Techniques and Activities
- Therapeutic Treasure Deck of Sentence Completion and Feelings Cards
- Therapeutic Treasure Deck of Grounding, Soothing, Coping and Regulating Cards
- Gilly the Giraffe Self-Esteem Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities for Children Aged 5-10
- Neon the Ninja Activity Book for Children Who Struggle With Sleep and Nightmares: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities for Children Aged 5-10
- Cleo the Crocodile Activity Book for Children Who Are Afraid to Get Close: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities About Trust, Anger, and Relationships for Children Aged 5-10
- Presley the Pug Relaxation Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities to Help Children Aged 5-10 to Regulate Their Emotions and to Find Calm
- Binnie the Baboon Anxiety and Stress Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story with Creative and CBT Activities To Help Children Aged 5-10 Who Worry
Age range 5 – 10