Using the principles of CBT, these illustrated worksheets help clients to understand and manage their anger and associated issues.
The activities follow the framework of a typical CBT course: how it works, looking at the nature of anger, linking thoughts, feelings, behaviour and physiology cycles, exploring different levels of thinking and beliefs, and identifying goals and future planning. It presents these theories in an accessible way so that clients are familiar with the foundations of CBT they will be using in the worksheets. They can complete them by writing or drawing, alongside the opportunity to colour in parts of the pages as they consider ideas.
Suitable for adults in individual or group work, this is an excellent resource to use as a standalone resource or in conjunction with professional therapy to deal with anger issues.
Jennifer Guest has worked in clinical therapeutic practice as a counsellor for 14 years, working with adults, couples and young people in a variety of counselling centres and schools in the North of England. Jennifer is an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and has an honours degree in Art and Design. Currently she works for Relate, a charity that provides counselling services, and has her own private practice based in Yorkshire.
“This book is a fantastic resource for adults and young people who want to look at their behaviour and anger issues. The illustrations are attractive and draw you in to colour them. I love the idea of journal pages to complete daily to encourage you to look at your patterns with anger” – Andrea Turpin, NNEB, MBACP, Children’s Service Coordinator.
Also available from this author
- CBT Art Activity Book: 100 illustrated handouts for creative therapeutic work
- Art Activity Book for Psychotherapeutic Work: 100 Illustrated CBT and Psychodynamic Handouts for Creative Therapeutic Work
- Art Activity Book for Relational Work: 100 illustrated therapeutic worksheets to use with individuals, couples and families
- The CBT Art Workbook for Managing Anger
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Anxiety
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Depression
- CBT Art Workbook for Managing Stress