Using the principles of CBT, these 150 information pages and worksheets help adults to understand and manage symptoms of anxiety.
The activities follow the framework of a typical CBT course: how it works, looking at the nature of the anxiety, linking thoughts, feelings, behaviour and physiology cycles, exploring different levels of thinking and beliefs, and identifying goals and future planning.
Suitable for adults in individual or group work, this is an excellent resource to use as a standalone resource or in conjunction with professional therapy to deal with anxiety.
Jennifer Guest has worked in clinical therapeutic practice as a counsellor for 14 years, working with adults, couples and young people in a variety of counselling centres and schools in the North of England. Jennifer is an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and has an honours degree in Art and Design. Currently she works for Relate, a charity that provides counselling services, and has her own private practice based in Yorkshire.
“A wonderfully creative take on CBT! Jen incorporates understanding of anxiety with practical interventions. A must have book for either practitioners or self-help. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a unique way of addressing on going struggles with anxiety” – Nafeesa Nizami (Naz), Bsc (Hons), MSc, MBACP (Accred), UKRCP Ind. Psychotherapist, Lecturer, PhD Researcher & Activist.
Also available from this author
- CBT Art Activity Book: 100 illustrated handouts for creative therapeutic work
- Art Activity Book for Psychotherapeutic Work: 100 Illustrated CBT and Psychodynamic Handouts for Creative Therapeutic Work
- Art Activity Book for Relational Work: 100 illustrated therapeutic worksheets to use with individuals, couples and families
- The CBT Art Workbook for Managing Anger
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Anxiety
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Depression
- CBT Art Workbook for Managing Stress