Supervision is the revised edition of A Vision for Supervision. It is a fantastic tool for supporting strengths-based, solution-focused approaches to supervision.
Supervision plays a pivotal role in the professional development of social workers, psychologists, counsellors, managers, health practitioners, life coaches and other human service professionals.
This incredible 30 card resource provides opportunities to build the capacity of practitioners and supervisors in a range of Human Service settings.
The adaptability of these cards can help set expectations when establishing a supervision relationship and provide a new dimension to existing ones.
The primary aim of these cards is to empower both the supervisor and practitioner to engage in curious, nuanced and reflective conversations that will help build the capacity and learning of both.
Supervision covers all aspects of supervision, including setting up strengths-based and solution-focussed processes, focussing on reflective practice, building self-supervision skills, creating spaces to explore best practices, reviewing progress over time, generating opportunities and considering the bigger picture.
Use these cards to:
- Create a supervision plan and prepare for each session
- Explore values, priorities and practice stories
- Train supervisors and guide students
- Reflect on practice and evaluation progress
- De-brief, find solutions and help prevent burn out
- Create a culture of best practice for the benefit of everyone
Supervision can be a powerful opportunity for discovery and learning for both supervisor and practitioner – with the benefits also flowing on to clients.
- Supervision includes a comprehensive booklet filled withsuggestions for using the cards
- 30 laminated, full-colour cards, arranged in three colour suits, 120mm x 105mm
- A total of 90 strengths-based questions
- Polypropylene box
- Booklet author: Roger Lowe and Russel Deal with Sue King-Smith