Stories of Manhood – Journeys into the hidden hearts of men featuring Bill Bryson, Peter Carey, Elliot Perlman, Michael Leunig and others
In this thought-provoking and moving collection of stories, best-selling author Steve Biddulph brings together an eclectic range of stories of men’s experiences. Written with raw honesty, insight and humour, these stories reflect the often hidden, emotional depths of men as they face the ups and downs of life.
- An international best-selling author looks back on a loss he ran away from
- A widowed father learns to overcome his grief and demonstrate to his sons how to love again
- A man cares for his ageing father while living on a remote island in Bass Strait
- A young father has to choose between his sick daughter and the wrath of his boss
- A soldier reflects on his experiences in East Timor
“Biddulph … presents here an often-brilliant gatherings of writing on the exposed male self … There is Leo Schofield’s fine piece on his at-times Christian Brothers schooling, Peter Carey’s masterful tale of an abortion and fatherhood … and Bob Ellis’s utterly heartbreaking story of his mother’s passing. There is some great writing here for everyone.’ – Matt Condon, journalist and award-winning”
Steve Biddulph is one of the world’s best known parent educators. A psychologist for 25 years, he is now retired but continues to write and teach.
Also available from Steve Biddulph: