The self-control super hero is back! This time, they’ve come prepared with simple strategies to tackle the difficult emotions and challenges of everyday life. From the morning routine to making friends at recess, paying attention in class and getting a good night’s sleep, this guide will help children stay on track and save the day!
Focussing on specific times of the day that present particular challenges, the book uses illustrations and simple language to describe breathing exercises, stretching, and visualization techniques to help children aged 4-7 keep calm and in control. Suitable for all children, but especially those with sensory and emotional regulation difficulties, this is an accessible guide with extra tips and resources for parents, educators or therapists.
- PART ONE: FOR KIDS.
- Introduction. The Real Super-Powers of Self-Control. How This Book Works.
- 1. Getting Ready in the Morning.
- 2. Paying Attention.
- 3. Recess and Lunch.
- 4. Friendship Tips.
- 5. Bedtime.
- PART TWO: FOR ADULTS. For Parents. For Educators and Therapist.
- Reminder Bracelets.
- Self-Control Certificate. Self-Control Diploma. Self-Control Gold Coin Reward Chart.
- Desk Strip/Table Strip Reminders.
- Morning Routines. Homework Routines. Bedtime Routines.
Lauren Brukner is a Senior Occupational Therapist who lives in New York City with her husband and three children, two of whom have emotional and sensory integration difficulties. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, and s a Master’s of Science degree in Occupational Therapy from New York University. She specializes in sensory integration and self-regulation strategies in children and young people, and their implementation in home, school and community settings. She has postgraduate training in neuroscience, sensory integration theory and practice, occupational health sciences, and physiological approaches to Occupational Therapy practice, and is also a Certified Screener for Irlen Syndrome and Scotopic Sensitivity. She provides services and workshops to a broad range of school staff, including general and special education teachers, speech language therapists, counsellors, and paraprofessionals. Lauren won the gold seal in the Mom’s Choice Awards, 2016 for family friendly media, products and services.
Also from this author
- Kids’ Guide to Staying Awesome and in Control: Simple Stuff to Help Children Regulate Their Emotions and Senses
- How to Be a Superhero Called Self-Control!: Super Powers to Help Younger Children to Regulate their Emotions and Senses
- Stay Cool and In Control with the Keep-Calm Guru: Wise Ways for Children to Regulate their Emotions and Senses
- Self-Control to the Rescue!: Super Powers to Help Kids Through the Tough Stuff in Everyday Life