This versatile deck features 100 colourful cards and a detailed instruction manual. Developed by Dr. Karen Treisman for professionals working with parents, carers and families, it is a proven, easy to use tool to help explore relationships and aid assessments and interventions.
The deck is designed to be comprehensive and adaptable, covering child-parent/carer relationships; parenting experiences; parenting capacity; trauma; and childhood development.
The cards are split into three different categories and are differentiated by different coloured backs: purple green and blue. The different card types can be used separately or together.
The purple backed cards contacting a range of developmental experiences and skills needed to support optimal child development, for example, eye contact, play and attuned parenting. These purple backed cards are needed for the parenting patchwork exercises: however, they can also be used in a range of other activities.
The green backed cards – these are specifically for use when undertaking the parenting patchwork exercise: They are questions to reflect, enrich and expand on the parenting patchwork exercise. (e.g. what type of patchwork did …(child or parent’s name) have wrapped around them?
The blue backed cards – several elicit answers to such questions, as “How would you describe your child’s personality in three words?” which can be used separately or together with the green and purple cards.
Included a 46-page instruction booklet detailing use and exercises.
100 cards. 5.51in x 4.02in / 140mm x 102mm
Dr Karen Treisman is a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist who has worked in the NHS and children’s services for ten years. She has also worked cross-culturally in Africa and Asia, with groups ranging from former child soldiers to survivors of the Rwandan Genocide. Karen has extensive experience in the areas of trauma, parenting, and attachment, and works clinically using a range of therapeutic approaches with families, children and young people. She is the director of Safe Hands and Thinking Minds Psychological Services (www.safehandsthinkingminds.co.uk), and is an external consultant and trainer to Barnardos, PAC-UK, Hope for families, and the Fostering Network. Karen has worked in several Looked after Children teams and within the National Implementation Service for evidence-based interventions at the Maudsley Hospital. She currently works as Clinical Lead in a court assessment and intensive parenting intervention team in Islington.
Also available from this author
- A Therapeutic Treasure Box for Working with Children and Adolescents with Developmental Trauma: Creative Techniques and Activities
- A Therapeutic Treasure Deck of Feelings and Sentence Completion Cards
- A Therapeutic Treasure Deck of Grounding, Soothing, Coping and Regulating Cards
- Parenting Patchwork Treasure Deck: A Creative Tool for Assessments, Interventions, and Strengthening Relationships with Parents, Carers, and Children
- Binnie the Baboon Anxiety and Stress Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story with Creative and CBT Activities To Help Children Aged 5-10 Who Worry
- Cleo the Crocodile Activity Book for Children Who Are Afraid to Get Close: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities About Trust, Anger, and Relationships for Children Aged 5-10
- Gilly the Giraffe Self-Esteem Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities for Children Aged 5-10
- Presley the Pug Relaxation Activity Book: A Therapeutic Story With Creative Activities to Help Children Aged 5-10 to Regulate Their Emotions and to Find Calm
- Working with Relational and Developmental Trauma in Children and Adolescents