In My Heart explores emotions–happiness, sadness, bravery, anger, shyness and more.
Unlike other feelings books that tend to oversimplify, In My Heart lyrically explains what an emotion feels like, physically, inside.
“When I get really angry, my heart feels like it’s going to explode! Don’t come near me! My heart is yelling, hot and loud. This is when my heart is mad.”
“Sometimes my heart feels like a big yellow star, shiny and bright. I smile from ear to ear and twirl around so fast, I feel as if I could take off into the sky. This is when my heart is happy.”
Toddlers will be empowered by this new vocabulary and able to practice articulating and identifying their own emotions.
On the cover and the right side of each spread, a die-cut heart decreases in size, creating a multi-coloured heart the depth of the entire book.
Also available in this series
- All My Treasures: A Book of Joy
- Brave as Can Be: A Book of Courage
- Hello in There! A Big Sister’s Book of Waiting
- In My Heart: A book about feelings
- In My Room: A book of creativity and imagination
- My Little Gifts: A book of sharing
- With My Daddy: A book of love and family
Hard cover (Picture book)
Age range 2+