The life of a toddler can be full of frightening things: the dark, the neighbour’s dog and thunderstorms, just to name a few. As children get older, they begin to feel braver around these everyday events but how do they build this newfound confidence? In this lyrical, insightful picture book, an older sister explains to her younger sister all the things she used to be afraid of, along with some tricks to help, whether it’s a special blanket for bedtime or singing during a storm. Now, big sister assures little sister, the fears that once felt as big as a mountain feel as minuscule as a speck of dust.
This playful portrait of fear and bravery empowers young readers to confront once-scary situations and with charming illustrations and die-cuts throughout, is also beautifully packaged.
Also available in this series
- All My Treasures: A Book of Joy
- Brave as Can Be: A Book of Courage
- Hello in There! A Big Sister’s Book of Waiting
- In My Heart: A book about feelings
- In My Room: A book of creativity and imagination
- My Little Gifts: A book of sharing
- With My Daddy: A book of love and family
Hard cover (Picture book)
Age range 2+