|Duration||1 day – face 2 face|
Friday 24 May 2024
|Time||9:30 – 16:30|
|Venue||Lighthouse Resources Upstairs Training Room|
37 Kyabra Street RUNCORN, QLD. 4113
|Target Group||For anyone who has an interest in enhancing conversations within your work environment, whether you are working with clients, students or colleagues.|
|Outline||In this highly interactive workshop participants will experiment with a wide range of cards and other tools for opening up meaningful conversations with children, youth, families, adults and colleagues. |
This workshop will offer participants a number of immediately useful ideas for the use of these tools within a range of practice contexts.
Using these tools to:
• Establish partnerships
• Separate people from problems
• Identify exceptions
• Develop pictures of preferred futures
• Make choices
• Offer knowledge and information
These cards can be used in:
• Organisations / businesses
• Change management
• Expressing feelings
• Mental health, scaling and evaluation
• Self-care / life tweaking / mindfulness
• Values, ethics, equality
• Difficult conversations
|Outcome||At the completion of this workshop, participants will have: |
• Been provided with a range of immediately useful ideas for the use of the practice tools.
• Had the opportunity to engage in practice opportunities to play with various cards.
• Considered the client-directed philosophy behind the tools and the implications of this for the skills of pairing tools and questions.
• Had opportunities to share and reflect on the creative possibilities for the use of the tools within their own practice.
• Been introduced to the possibilities for creating their own tools and resources.
|Testimonials||Some of the great feedback we received about this event: |
• Great presentation, inclusive learning environment and a good pace. I enjoyed the mix between small groups and the larger demonstrations.
• I found that the practical demonstrations of how to use the resources really useful, I now have the confidence to use the cards with clients.
• I loved that fact that we got to use a whole range of cards and seeing the practical examples of getting things put in practice.
• Great facilitation, thank you very much for a fantastic workshop!
• Learning all about the various cards and going through examples of how to use them, getting a chance “to do” rather than just listen assisted my learning and I will now be using these cards with my work.
|Facilitator||Vicki Carrick has worked in the community sector for over 25 years and her work roles include case management, child protection, community development, disability program coordination, group facilitation, international development work, project work and training. Vicki has completed a Master of Social Administration and further study in Facilitation and Strengths-based Supervision, and she is currently completing a Master of Mental Health/Master of Social Work. Vicki is passionate about strengths-based practice, and this is reflected in her practice framework!|
|Cancellation||By completing and submitting this registration form, you are indicating your intention to attend this event and you will be liable for the full fee as indicated. If you are unable to attend for any reason, fail to attend without notice or cancel your registration payment will not be refunded. Events occasionally need to be cancelled due to insufficient participant numbers. Should this be necessary, we will notify you as soon as possible and a full refund will be given.|
Email: [email protected]
Business Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Bookstore Hours: Monday – Friday (9:30am – 3:30pm)