|1 day – face 2 face
Friday 24 May 2024
|9:30 – 16:30
|Lighthouse Resources Upstairs Training Room
37 Kyabra Street RUNCORN, QLD. 4113
|Anyone working with the LGBTQIA+ community:
Teachers, Parents, professionals working with children and teenagers, Early Years workers.
Anyone seeking future information around gender identity and how to support people who identify as gender diverse.
|Gender Awareness training will explore Gender Identity and how to support and work alongside people who identify as Gender diverse. It will explore harmful stereotypes, labelling and rigid gender constructs and how we can work to challenge them. The training is not only beneficial to those working alongside the LGBTQIA+ community but for all people to reflect on our own gender biases and how this impacts the children we raise and support and individuals around us. This training will cover different ages of development and is beneficial to teaching in early years through to supporting adults.
In this training we will explore
• What is Gender and Gender Identity?
• Statistics around Gender Identity.
• Gender Identity and Wellbeing.
• Language and Jokes.
• Harmful Stereotypes.
• Media representation of Gender Diversity.
• Harmful Narratives.
• Support – What can you do?
• Personal Biases and Heteronormative Privilege.
• What Makes you, you?
|• I now have a much better understanding of the LGBTQ+
• Really enjoyed the content and group discussions.
• The videos shared really complimented the learnings and the personal stories shared by the facilitators definitely enhanced my learning.
• I can’t think of anything to add to this workshop it was awesome!
• Once I get back to work, I will share the information with my colleagues and be more aware of how I speak and interact with others.
|Erika Hows is employed by Kyabra Community Association, as a Resource Worker. Erika has worked in the community sector for over 15 years and her previous work roles include Residential Youth Coordinator and Manager, Intensive Family Support Worker and Foster and Kinship Care Case Manager. Erika has completed a Bachelor Read More
|By completing and submitting this registration form, you are indicating your intention to attend this event and you will be liable for the full fee as indicated. If you are unable to attend for any reason, fail to attend without notice or cancel your registration payment will not be refunded. Events occasionally need to be cancelled due to insufficient participant numbers. Should this be necessary, we will notify you as soon as possible and a full refund will be given.
Email: [email protected]
Business Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Bookstore Hours: Monday – Friday (9:30am – 3:30pm)