Explore and promote positive relationships with these 100 ready-to-use illustrated worksheets and activities.
Based on systemic theory, psychodynamic theory and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) principles, the activities are a creative approachto starting therapeutic conversations and engaging clients in their search for solutions. The photocopiable worksheets encourage clients to express their feelings through drawing, painting and writing. They are structured around four key areas: sense of self; partner relationships; family dynamics; and improving communication and conflict resolution. Activities include explanations of how and why they help to address specific relational issues.
Suitable for use by professionals working with individuals, couples or families in therapeutic situations, The Art Activity Book for Relational Work will help clients to resolve relational issues and strengthen bonds.
- 1. Partner Relationships.
- 2. Family Dynamics.
- 3. Sense of Self.
- 4. Improving Communication and Conflict Resolution.
Jennifer Guest has worked in clinical therapeutic practice as a counsellor for 14 years, working with adults, couples and young people in a variety of counselling centres and schools in the North of England. Jennifer is an Accredited Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and has an honours degree in Art and Design. Currently she works for Relate, a charity that provides counselling services, and has her own private practice based in Yorkshire.
” This inspiring book consists of 100 illustrated worksheets for therapists to use with clients… There were a number of exercises in this book that I could envisage using with clients in sessions or as homework exercises. The book also helped me identify areas that I might explore with clients, without necessarily using the worksheets themselves. I found this a refreshing, inspirational resource that I would recommend to both individual and couples’ therapists.” – Counselling and Psychotherapy Journal.
Also available from this author
- CBT Art Activity Book: 100 illustrated handouts for creative therapeutic work
- Art Activity Book for Psychotherapeutic Work: 100 Illustrated CBT and Psychodynamic Handouts for Creative Therapeutic Work
- Art Activity Book for Relational Work: 100 illustrated therapeutic worksheets to use with individuals, couples and families
- The CBT Art Workbook for Managing Anger
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Anxiety
- CBT Art Workbook for Coping with Depression
- CBT Art Workbook for Managing Stress