|Duration||2 sessions – delivered via zoom|
(Monday 20 & 27 November 2023)
|Time||9:30 – 13:00 each session|
|Venue||Your place, delivered via Zoom.|
|Target Group||This webinar would be suitable for anyone living or working with intense or challenging children or young people.|
|Notes||What is Nurtured Heart Approach®?|
It is a simple framework which nurtures and grows a child’s positive sense of self. All Children who have been introduced to this approach flourish and learn to appreciate what is great about them.
The Nurtured Hearts Approach® enables us to notice our child’s successes no matter how tiny, and in doing so, build a child’s inner wealth, confidence and sense of self. This encourages positive choice-making and resilience. The Approach invites us to transform and expand what is great about our child and our parenting.
The approach is different to other approaches; it is a simple three step process that asks us to give no energy to our child’s negative behaviour, abundant recognition of the behaviour that we want to develop and encourage and asks us to set clear boundaries and limits.
|Outline||Traditional approaches often fall short of promoting the inner strength essential for young people to build successful relationships. Sometimes, the tools we have do not seem to match the intensity of our children or clients, who can be so defensive and appear to resist the support or treatment we offer.|
This webinar will encourage participants to change the way we look at challenging behaviours and increase awareness and understanding of relationships. Through an introduction to the Nurtured Heart Approach®, the webinar will provide powerful tools to improve not only how children and young people views themselves, but also the world around them, so they can embrace themselves and embrace life.
More than just a behaviour management strategy, the Nurtured Heart Approach® is a philosophy for creating healthy relationships with the people in your life. The Nurtured Heart Approach® embraces intensity within children, young people and adults, and seeks to utilise that intensity to propel them to even greater heights than they ever thought possible.
This webinar is designed for those who seek to learn the basics of the Nurtured Heart Approach® and is suitable for anyone living or working with intense children or young people.
|Outcomes||At the completion of the workshop participants will have:|
• Have reviewed the factors that can contribute to challenging behaviours in children.
• Have explored why some strategies do not seem to work and at times make the situation worse.
• Have been introduced to the fundamentals of the NHA (the ‘stands’ of the approach)have explored techniques that can be used to energize all children and particularly challenging children and young people and enhance their self-belief and confidence, which we call “inner wealth”
• Have reviewed the importance of clear boundaries and learnt how to implement consequences following nurtured heart principles.
• Have been introduced to strategies on how to engage with even the most “treatment resistant children/clients”.
|Testimonials||• I would love for my centre to implement this approach.|
• The whole workshop was fantastic: presenter, presentation, opportunity to share, handouts, resources, pace and format, great questions and answers, it was well organized and a great venue.
• I really appreciated the opportunities to interact with other participants and the clips of people using the approach helped to enhance my learning during the workshop.
• Thanks for the really lovely day, the energy in the room was lovely, the Nurtured Heart Approach resonated with me and has many applications in my life, work and personal relationships. Thank U!”“I enjoyed the training and found it very refreshing – great training.
• Really simple concepts which are easy to apply, I will be using a different approach in my house meetings, help to develop their success, focus on the good stuff.
• The whole presentation was very valuable, very engaging facilitator; the visual clips really enhanced my learning during the workshop. Great concepts which were addressed clearly and easily – Thanks.
|Facilitator Bio||Jean Tally began with a career in arts education including full time lecturer in Australia University. She has had the privilege of travelling and working with diverse communities from remote areas across Western Australia to urban communities around Australia, and internationally in Hong Kong and Spain, sharing cultural and arts practice.|
Her entry into early intervention activities with families and children began in 2009 at Kyabra which launched collaborations in working with Multicultural Australia, QPASST, PCYC where she was able to extend her skills in working in group settings. For the past 6 years she has worked in residential settings with Brisbane Youth Services and Anglicare HSWF and their TFS program in family support.
Jean holds a MFA, Post Grad diploma of Teaching, BFA and is an advanced trainer and mentor in the Nurtured Heart Approach. These academic experiences are integrated and deepened by ongoing and robust practices in body mind knowledge, dance and learning from others.
Nurtured Heart Approach Advanced Trainer and Mentor
|Cancellation||By completing and submitting this registration form, you are indicating your intention to attend this event and you will be liable for the full fee as indicated. If you are unable to attend for any reason, fail to attend without notice or cancel your registration payment will not be refunded. Events occasionally need to be cancelled due to insufficient participant numbers. Should this be necessary, we will notify you as soon as possible and a full refund will be given.|
(07) 3373 9499
Email: [email protected]
Business Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Bookstore Hours: Monday – Friday (9:30am – 3:30pm)