|Workshop Duration:||1 Day (Monday 9 October 2023)|
|Workshop Time:||9:30 – 15:00|
|Fee:||Fee: $220.00 including morning tea, all associated handouts and a certificate of attendance. BYO LUNCH|
|Workshop Venue:||Lighthouse Resources Upstairs Training Room Kyabra Street RUNCORN, QLD. 4113|
|Target Group:||People interested in the treatment of stress, anxiety disorders, trauma, PTSD, phobias, anger, depression and abuse.|
|Workshop Outline:||EFT involves tapping on acupressure points while focusing on a particular physical sensation, emotion, or event.|
EFT is part of an emerging field known as “energy psychology” and is described as a form of “psychological acupressure” without needles. The approach relieves physical and/or emotional symptoms by tapping in sequence on 9 meridian points. The tapping balances energy meridians that become disrupted when we think about or experience an emotionally disturbing event. Once balanced, the upset is usually resolved, and while the memory remains there is no strong emotion attached to it.
The tapping is self-administered using fingertips. The meridian points are located on the hand, top of head, eyebrow, side of eye, under eye, under nose, chin, collarbone, and under arm.
In addition to halting the fight-or-flight response, tapping is effective in turning off the alarm in the mid-brain associated with re-traumatization. It appears that tapping on the meridians sends a calming response to the body, and the amygdala recognizes that it is safe.
EFT has been successfully applied to treat a wide range of emotional problems and issues. It has also been used to enhance performance and improve relationships.
Over 100 peer-reviewed published studies in journals including the Journal of Clinical Psychology and the Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease have demonstrated tapping efficacy.
This workshop will provide participants with information about the development and application of EFT, and opportunities to apply the techniques.
|Workshop Outcomes:||At the completion of this workshop, participants will have: |
* An understanding of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), and how they are applied to resolve anxiety disorders, trauma, PTSD, phobias, depression and abuse.
* An awareness of and basic experience in applying these techniques.
|Testimonials:||Some of the great feedback we received about this event: |
* This workshop was very informative and well presented.
* I liked doing lots of hands on practice which gives me confidence that I can use this in counselling. I also liked exploring the theory behind it so I can be more confident of its utility.
* I enjoyed the openness of the other participants, the skill of the trainer and the videos to support our learning.
* This has been the most energizing workshop I’ve attended; the tapping kept me alert and focused on topic – Thank you.
* The group tapping together was great practice; I will use regularly on myself and use it more with clients.
* I really enjoyed the clear theory balanced with the demonstrations, the videos and the practice sessions.
The experiential aspect of the workshop helped solidify the process of tapping.
* Examples provided based on client interactions were helpful and will assisted me to explain the concepts to colleagues during learning circles.
* I loved the chocolate demonstration.
|Facilitator Bio:||Peter Marrington is an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker with a special interest in anxiety and trauma. He has more than 35 years experience working as a child and family therapist in government and not-for-profit organizations, and in private practice – providing counselling to children and adults, consultancy and training to health and welfare professionals, managing clinical services, and in the research and development of treatment programs for abused children and adults.|
|Cancellation:||By completing and submitting this registration form, you are indicating your intention to attend this event and you will be liable for the full fee as indicated. If you are unable to attend the event for any reason, fail to attend without notice or cancel your registration payment will not be refunded. Events occasionally need to be cancelled due to insufficient participant numbers. Should this be necessary, we will notify you as soon as possible and a full refund will be given.|
Business Hours: Monday – Friday (8:30am – 4:30pm)
Bookstore Hours: Monday – Friday (9:30am – 3:30pm)