Kyabra Community Association Inc. is a medium sized multi-service organisation which works with families and communities to strengthen family and community life. Our services are located throughout Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast.
“Building hope by focusing on strengths and success and a vision of how things could be”
COVID 19 Update
Most Kyabra Office Based Staff will be able to work from home in the event that they have to be in isolation as a precautionary measure. This is part of our Services Continuity Plan.
As a precautionary measure to protect both staff and community members, we are endeavouring to reduce home visits or face to face meetings. Support will be provided over the phone or via email. This will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
Support Workers will continue to provide support in the community and in homes. They will take all precautions necessary and we have procedures in place should there be any exposure to the virus. Should NDIS participants or families have any concerns, please contact Support Worker Services.
It is our intention to continue to provide service to community members, however, some services and activities may have to be modified or reduced. If you are currently receiving services from Kyabra, we will keep you informed of any changes that arise.
For information in relation to COVID 19, we encourage everyone to access the Queensland Health Website.
Alternatively you may wish to contact the Australian Government's National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080
Websites and national help lines that may be of assistance
- Red Cross - have provided information in several languages. If you click onto this link and scroll down the page to the section ‘’Organise” you will see several languages: languages: https://www.redcross.org.au/get-help/emergencies/looking-after-yourself/how-to-prepare-for-coronavirus
- The Department of Health (Federal) also have information. If you go onto the following website and scroll to the bottom they do have “latest resources across health’ https://www.health.gov.au/ To access information in several languages see the following link https://www.health.gov.au/resources
- Coronavirus Team on 1800 020 080 (press option 2) will also be able to provide advice. This service is available 24/7.
- The Queensland Government website https://www.qld.gov.au/ scroll right to the bottom you will see the words other languages press on this and it will take you to a list of languages.
- The Refugee Health Network Queensland also have the following information available: http://www.refugeehealthnetworkqld.org.au/news/
- Carers Australia 1800 242 636
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 4636
- Headspace 1800 650 890
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
- MindSpot Clinic 1800 61 44 34
- Lifeline 13 11 14